Brand News & Releases
Brand News Releases
Santa Cruz Organic® Puts a Twist on Lemonade Stands
From Lemonade Stand to Celebrity “Kid-preneur”: Jack Bonneau of Jack’s Stands & Marketplaces
Partners with Santa Cruz Organic
CHICO, Calif., (June 7, 2017) – As Jack’s Stands & Marketplaces continue to gain national notoriety, Jack is announcing a partnership with Santa Cruz Organic®, maker of organic products ranging from lemonades and fruit juices to peanut butters and fruit spreads. Together they are looking to put a twist on a favorite summer past-time: lemonade stands.
Jack started out by selling organic lemonade at local farmers markets. As his idea grew, he wanted to give back by helping other kids learn how to start a business and operate their own lemonade stand.
Jack learned that a solid business starts with a personal passion and quality products keep customers coming back for more. Santa Cruz Organic took notice of Jack and his like-minded approach: using high quality organic ingredients served in a tasty and environmentally-responsible way.
“To me, choosing organic lemonade and selling high quality products made with a lot of thought and care is important,” said Jack Bonneau. “I even think about the kind of cups I serve my lemonade in – they’re always plant based and compostable. Even my lemonade stand is made from over 50% repurposed wood! I am so excited to inspire kids to learn about entrepreneurship, while having fun this summer serving up Santa Cruz Organic beverages.”
Jack’s Tips to Run a Successful Lemonade Stand with your Kids this Summer:
- Quality Products: Serve products with only the highest quality ingredients to keep customers coming back for more. This summer Jack will serve a variety of Santa Cruz Organic lemonades and fruit juices, including:
- Organic Lemonades available in refreshing flavors like Strawberry, Mango, Peach, Raspberry, Cherry, and Original.
- Carbonated Beverages available in Mint Infused Green Tea, Rose Hip Infused Earl Grey Tea flavors and Carbonated Lemonade Beverage
- Agua Frescas, made with organic fruit juice, a bit of lemon juice and lightly sweetened and available in Pomegranate, Grapefruit and Mango Passionfruit; these beverages are prevalent throughout Central America and the Caribbean and known for their refreshing taste.
- Customer Service: Be friendly and talk with everyone who walks by. It’s common to get a lot of “no thank you’s”, but you’ll see an increase in sales versus saying nothing, plus it helps your kids get experience and build confidence!
- Operations: Keep track of all your expenses like lemonade, cups, straws, etc., and at the end of each day add up the sales and subtract your expenses. Lastly, add in any tips, and this amount is your profit. Encourage your kids to do the math themselves, it’ll help them in school and to understand some business basics.
“Just like Jack, the Santa Cruz Organic brand has an entrepreneurial spirit,” said Bobby Modi, Vice President of Santa Cruz Organic. “In the early 1970s, the founder of Santa Cruz Organic and entrepreneur in his own right, John Battendieri, began revitalizing orchards in the Santa Cruz mountains, known for their high-quality and flavorful fruit. This innovation is part of our DNA and still with us today, and it’s why we’re so proud to partner with Jack this summer.”
Alongside Santa Cruz Organic, Jack is encouraging kids to refresh summer by recreating their own version of the tried and true lemonade stand. Santa Cruz Organic has a wide range of organic lemonades, including a line of Carbonated Lemonades, and Agua Fresca beverages. All of these products are perfect summer beverages for a not-so-average summer lemonade stand.
About Jack’s Stands:
Jack Bonneau, an 11-year-old entrepreneur from Denver, is founder and CEO of Jack’s Stands & Marketplaces. Jack’s mission with Jack’s Stands & Marketplaces is to inspire and provide kids the opportunity to operate their own drink stands and share great experiences and lessons he’s had learning about entrepreneurship, business, financial literacy, and life skills such as confidence building and being social. This past November, Jack appeared on ABC’s Shark Tankand pitched his business to the show’s investors, seeking $50K for 10 percent equity. To no surprise, Jack made a deal with guest shark Chris Sacca. Jack is eleven years old and a seventh-grader at STEM Magnet Lab School in Northglenn, CO. He is member of the National Junior Honor Society, a black belt in Wado-Ryu Karate, plays the piano, loves school, math and programming; and enjoys his family, friends, and his dog Curtsy.
About Santa Cruz Organic:
Santa Cruz Organic Lemonades have long been a favorite summertime treat. Available in delicious and refreshing flavors like Cherry, Peach, Mango, Raspberry, Strawberry, and Original Lemonade. As a pioneer organic brand, Santa Cruz Organic was the first company to offer customers a wide range of organic, 100% juices and blends. Santa Cruz Organic currently offers more than 50 organic items ranging from organic fruit juices and lemonades to organic fruit sauces, peanut butters and fruit spreads available nationwide. Bearing the official USDA Organic seal, Santa Cruz Organic Lemonades, Agua Frescas and Carbonated Tea Lemonades are guaranteed to be organic, from the ingredients through the recipe-batching process, and into the bottle. Available at most grocery stores, like Kroger and Sprouts. Visit www.santacruzorganic.com for more information.